Are you looking to buy the best Tactical boots for yourself?
A great pair of boots has a positive impact on your day because they make you feel comfortable throughout the day while ensuring you aren’t cold and get the grip you need to meet day to day tasks.
There are a lot of tactical boots on the market but, not all of them may meet your needs.
I’ve been through several pairs of tactical boots in my quest of finding the right ones for myself. And, I’ve learned a few things along the way.
In this blog post, I will help you figure out the best tactical boots available for you to buy on the market.
To summarize, here’s my list of the Best Tactical Boots.
Best Tactical Boots
Before diving into the details of each, let’s discuss what we’re looking for in tactical boots.
How to Choose the Best Tactical Boots for Yourself
It is important to choose tactical boots that fit all of your needs to ensure that they’re the best choice for you. Keep in mind that what may work for me, might not for you so, pay a lot of attention to your needs.
In this section of the blog, I will go through some important points to keep in mind.
Take a look.
What It’s Made of: Materials Used
Of course, the material used in the shoe matters! It helps you determine how long the shoes will last, whether or not they’re waterproof, breathable or can take abuse.
I’ve realized that leather is the best material for tactical boots as durable and treated to be water-resistant or waterproof. However, suede and nubuck leather are also good choices as they’re breathable, hardwearing, and tough.
On the other hand, while tactical boots made of man-made materials are significantly cheaper—they’re so because of a reason: they don’t last too long.
So, it is better to invest in a good-quality boot which will last you longer.
For midsoles, I feel that Polyurethane and Ethylene-vinyl acetate are the best materials as they’re high on comfort and help balance your weight out to reduce the stress on your feet which is excellent.
A Short Cinderella Story
I’m of the opinion that a good shoe is one that fits you properly.
You will never feel comfortable in shoes that pinch you in all the wrong places, which means you’d avoid wearing them after spending good money. I feel that a shoe must foot you right—especially on certain pressure points which include:
- Sides of the foot
- Lower calf
It is important to know that good quality shoes do need some time to break into. However, they shouldn’t be tight or uncomfortable in any way.
One of my biggest life hacks or recommendation is that you try on your boot with the socks that you’d typically wear with it to ensure that you have enough room in your boot to feel comfortable—and that it’s breathable.
Tips on Fitting a Tactical Boot
Do you think buying the best tactical shoe is like purchasing any other on the market?
In this section of the blog, I will go through a few tips on finding a boot that fits you perfectly. Take a look!
- Tactical boots aren’t usually available according to normal shoe sizes—depending on the brand, they might run larger or smaller which is why it’s essential to try on the boots in person
- Your feet must have adequate wiggle room for toes. The best way to determine the right size is by standing on a downward incline to check whether or not your toes touch the end of the boot. The best boot doesn’t allow your foot to slip or slide
- The boot should feel snug on your feet but, not too tight at all. If it feels tighter on the toes, look for a wider one
- Walk around in the boots to check whether or not they’ve got warning signs of causing sores and blisters on your feet
- Try the boots with socks that you’d wear with them!
I hope these tips helped you find the right boots for yourself.
Tactical boots are often expensive which is why I recommend you take your time to make the right choice.
Shoe Security Guard!?
The best tactical boots help protect your feet from injury so, they’re designed keeping that in mind. In my opinion, good tactical boots are those that:
- Come with padded ankle protection to ensure extra support and stability which can prove to be a Godsend when you take these boots out on rough terrain or wear them for long periods
- Have a snug fit to keep your feet warm by sealing your body heat in and keeping wind and water out
- Excellent outsoles to protect you from unforgiving terrain by reducing the intensity of uneven surfaces, protecting from spikes, thorns, etc.
- Excellent traction to avoid falls and slips in all terrains and weather conditions to allow you to have the confidence to walk on ice, muddy surfaces, water, etc.
Let’s Look at the Types of Tactical Boots Available
Did you know that there are various types of tactical boots available on the market?
In this section of the blog, I’ll go through some of the main types of these boots along with a short description of each to help you figure out which one is the right choice for you.
- The Standard Issue Tactical Boot – These are your standard army boots which are made of hardened leather and made to be waterproof. These shoes are made to allow you to tread any surface as they provide extra ankle and foot stability.
- Jump boots – These boots come with several reinforcements and are also called paratrooper boots. These boots feature rubber soles and the tall shanks featured on these shoes are optimized to be airborne.
- Tanker boots – Made to meet the requirements of a tank crew, these shoes come with leather straps instead of laces and are incredibly resistant to heat. These shoes come with metal inserts which protect your feet even when in the most demanding terrains.
- Jungle boots – These boots are on the heavier side and weigh 3 lbs and feature rubber soles and canvas construction. These shoes don’t allow water to seep inside so that you needn’t worry about your feet when on the field.
- Desert boots – Desert boots are made of suede and come with nylon siding or laces and don’t feature steel protective inserts to avoid overheating and drainage vents as they allowed the sand to seep in.
- Combat boots for cold climates – These boots are made of Gore-Tex which includes rubber, wool, and felt insulating layers. The boots are waterproof and can stand the harsh cold of up to minus 20 degrees F.
Boot Reviews: Let’s Look at the Best Tactical Boots on the Market
As I’ve mentioned in the previous section, I’ve gone through several tactical boots to find the best ones with me. During this process, I learned a lot of things.
In this section of the blog, I will go through some of the best tactical boots that I’ve come across on the market.
1. Bates Men’s Ultra-Lites 8 Inches Tactical Sport Side-Zip Boots
The Bates Men’s Ultra-Lites 8 Inches Tactical Sport Side-Zip Boots are one of the best tactical boots that I’ve come across on the market. In fact, in my opinion, these are the best so far!
These boots are made of 70% leather and 30% nylon which makes them durable and easy to clean. I like how these boots are comfortable—even when you’re wearing them during long shifts. They ensure that your feet aren’t fatigued even after a long, hard day of work.
These boots have lasted me the longest and have held up even after I got in a motorcycle accident!
That speaks volumes about the quality.
Aside from that, these boots come with a breathable lining and cushioned support to ensure comfort. The rubber sole can grip any surface without problems to ensure that I don’t need to worry about anything but my job.
|✓ The cushioned removable insert is extremely comfortable and convenient||✗ The boots aren’t true to size|
|✓ Breathability of the shoes minimizes sweating||✗ Don’t feature a pull loop or tab which could be a handy feature|
|✓ Excellent traction—even in gravel, mud, and ice|
|✓ Can be worn for a long duration without problems|
2. Smith & Wesson Footwear Men’s Breach 2.0 Tactical Side Zip Boots
These Men’s Breach 2.0 Tactical Side Zip Boots by Smith & Wesson Footwear are one of the best tactical boots on the market. I like the fact that these affordable shoes can tread the toughest of terrains while spoiling you with comfort.
One of the things that I like about the Breach 2.0 boots is that they feature a full leather and nylon make. These boots come with a gusseted tongue to help keep all of the debris out of your feet which comes in handy.
The boots come with an excellent EVA midsole which provides the support and comfort your feet need throughout the day.
Especially during those grueling day-long assignments!
These boots easily grip all surfaces and provide you with the confidence you need while doing your job.
|✓ The YKK zippers featured on these shoes are strong and last a long time—you won’t need to get these changed||✗ They take some time to break in which is frustrating|
|✓ The toes are reinforced for better protection which is something I like|
|✓ These are extremely light in weight and fit like a glove|
|✓ They’re quite flexible for tactical boots!|
3. 5.11 Tactical Men’s ATAC 2.0 Waterproof Military Storm Boots
In my quest to find the best tactical boots, I came across the 5.11 Tactical ATAC Storm Combat Boots for Men which proved to be worth every dollar that I spent on them. These boots aren’t just extremely good to look at; they’re also extremely durable and comfortable.
Made from leather and fabric, these boots feature 1200-denier Cordura nylon side panels which provide excellent breathability making them a good choice for daily use. What I like about these boots is that they have a hidden side pocket for you to hide a boot knife, money, etc. in.
Another thing that I appreciated about these boots is that they have an anti-bacterial Drilex lining to help prevent your shoes from stinking up the entire house—something I’m guilty of!
|✓ These boots are good to look at and extremely comfortable to walk in which is excellent||✗ Extreme abuse may cause the leather to pull|
|✓ They last a long time and take on a lot of abuse|
|✓ The lacing holds extremely well and the thread is tough, too|
|✓ Light in weight|
|✓ Hold up well in various terrains and are waterproof|
4. Under Armour Men’s Stellar Military and Tactical Boots
The Under Armour Men’s Stellar Military and Tactical Boots are one of the best tactical boots that I’ve come across on the market. I love the fact that these shoes are lightweight, comfortable, and have excellent traction.
The thing that I like about these shoes is that they’re made of durable DWR treated leather and come with 900D nylon textile upper which makes these shoes long-lasting and durable.
I like how these boots come with a polishable toe and have the quick-dry feature which comes in handy during the rain!
One thing that my wife appreciates more than I do is the anti-odor technology on the molded Ortholite sock liners which prevent odor-causing microbes to grow in the shoe–something that I’m prone to getting a lot.
|✓ These boots are long-lasting, comfortable, tough, and light—everything that excellent tactical boots should be||✗ Take a few days to break in|
|✓ Your feet will stay dry and warm thanks to these boots!|
|✓ Provide excellent traction on most surfaces including mud, wet concrete, ice, etc.|
|✓ Comfortable to wear for long durations|
Conclusion: The Best Tactical Boots on the Market!
Did you find the best tactical boots for yourself?
While there are a lot of choices available, I feel that the Bates Men’s Ultra-Lites 8 Inches Tactical Sport Side-Zip Boots are probably the winner of this roundup. As I mentioned in the consideration section, these boots:
- Are made of excellent materials—70% leather and 30% nylon—which makes them durable, breathable, and hardwearing which are essential qualities of tactical boots
- These boots also fit quite well and make you feel comfortable and as natural as possible thanks to the midsole!
- The boots are also have a snug fit to keep your feet warm by sealing your body heat in and keeping wind and water out
Do you have questions? Let me know in the comments, and I’ll help you out!